"A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. CulleyThe Resource "A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley
- "A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley
- Title remainder
- essays in honor of Burke O. Long
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley
- Bibliography note
- "Selected publications of Burke O. Long": p. (xiii-xvi)
- Includes bibliographical references
- De-doxifying Miriam / Alice Bach -- Goddess worship-ancient and modern / Gary Beckman -- Numinous Nomos: on the relationship between narrative and law / Adele Berlin -- A "literary sermon" in Deuteronomy 4 / Marc Z. Brettler -- Models of Utopia in the biblical tradition / John J. Collins -- The confessions of Jeremiah and traditional discourse / Robert C. Culley -- Desire distorted and exhibited: Lot and his daughters in psychoanalysis, painting, and film / J. Cheryl Exum -- The gift: world alteration and obligation in 2 Kings 4:8-37 / Danna Nolan Fewell -- Contextual theologies in the Old Testament? / Erhard S. Gerstenberger -- The role of the reader in Ugaritic narrative / Edward L. Greenstein -- Entertainment, ideology, and the reception of "history": "David's Jerusalem" as a question of space / David M. Gunn -- Village law and the book of the covenant / Douglas A. Knight -- The biblical prohibition of the mourning rites of shaving and laceration: several proposals / Saul M. Olyan -- Clan sagas as a source in settlement traditions / Alexander Rofe -- "The mother of all . . ." etiologies / Jack M. Sasson -- W.F. Albright and his "household": the cases of C.H. Gordon, M.H. Pope and F.M. Cross / Mark S. Smith -- Metaphor and myth: Percy, Ricoeur, and Frye / Hugh C. White -- "The history of Saul's rise": Saulide state propaganda in 1 Samuel 1-14 / Marsha White -- Unity and diversity in the Book of Kings / Robert R. Wilson -- Poetry creates historiography / Yair Zakovitch
- 23 cm.
- xvii, 320 p.
- Isbn Type
- (cloth : alk. paper)
- Other control number
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of "A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance "A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.bu.edu/resource/KwZgLTI_HlQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.bu.edu/resource/KwZgLTI_HlQ/">"A wise and discerning mind" : essays in honor of Burke O. Long, edited by Saul M. Olyan, Robert C. Culley</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.bu.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.bu.edu/">Boston University Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Boston University Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.